• Take the opportunity to run hot water down the drain to help keep it free-flowing.
• Tubs should be fitted with strainers. Strainers will catch debris of all types, for example hair. Then those strainers should be cleaned regularly.
• When using a cleaning agent, learn the proper rinse timing. Most cleaning products need to rest within the pipes for a certain period of time to be effective.
• Spread out showers during your day; wait 20 minutes between showers rather than taking them in succession.
• Run water down the drain for about 20 seconds before using the garbage disposal. This will flush waste down the main line.
• Inspect washing machine hoses and replace hoses that may show signs of weakness when needed. Areas of concern, includes bulges or leaks.
• Prevent gases from backing up through your laundry sink drain, on occasion pour a bucket of water down the drain to keep the trap seal full.
• Beware of frozen pipes in the Winter-time. These pipes can burst, causing water damage when the ice thaws. Therefore run some warm water through faucets during these cold periods.